**This post may have affiliate links, this means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). For more details, please see my Disclaimer**
Out of time? Be sure to pin this post to Pinterest to read later!
Last Updated on March 13, 2021 by Katherine
Summer is near, it may not feel like it yet, but soon it’ll be time to put away those snow shovels for a few months and enjoy some warmer weather here in the northern hemisphere. With warmer weather, I immediately think of an outdoor barbecue party! And if you’re keen to host your own party, be sure to keep reading for some great tips and tricks to make the most of the outdoor space.
I will cover everything from some quick tricks to decorate your space, recipes and yard games that are sure to entertain everyone, let’s get started!
Barbecue Party Decorations
No party is complete without decorations. Go crazy or add some unique touches. I love barbecue decorations because they are so much fun!
- Wheelbarrow Drink Cooler-Got a wheelbarrow you wouldn’t mind using? Add ice and cans of drinks.
- Galvanized Steel Container-Same idea as the wheelbarrow.
- Plastic table cloths-I’d check the dollar store for these. You can often find a variety of colors and styles that can suit your tastes. You can also pick up some clips that will keep your tablecloth from flying away with the wind!
- Mason Jar Centerpieces-I’m a huge fan of mason jars (See 6 Cool Mason Jar Ideas, How to Make a Mason Jar Candle, and 4 Amazing Mason Jar Luminaries), they are relatively inexpensive and incredibly versatile. Because they are glass, they make great outdoor pieces. Keep in mind that if you paint the outside, you’ll want to seal that paint in with an outdoor rated sealer.
- If you have a large venue (or backyard), jazz things up with cute wooden signposts (learn how to Make an Easy Peasy Wood Sign).
- Tiki torches are a cool way to add some lighting to your backyard. You can find these at most stores that sell patio supplies.
- Make a natural bug repellant using a mason jar. Check out this Homemade Bug Repellant idea from Freebie Finding Mom!
It isn’t just about the grill; successful parties have a multitude of options. Depending on the number of guests you have coming, you’ll want to plan accordingly. I have three fresh suggestions that are thinking outside the traditional barbecue food.
Cupcakes From The Grill
Cupcakes are great party food because you don’t need to worry about cutting them up, they’re already sized for everyone. You can also jazz them up with icing to suit your party theme. My favorite statement cupcake that I’ve seen is Grill Cupcakes from Frugal Mom Eh! These will take a little time to prepare, so if you have your heart set on them, prepare them ahead of time.
Asian Steak Kebabs
For a delicious twist on the traditional kebab, I recommend you try Asian Steak Kebabs from Julie’s Eats and Treats. I love the flavor combination of honey, ginger, garlic and soy sauce!
Bacon-wrapped Asparagus Spears
Everything is better with bacon. Check out Easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus from Fit Foodie Finds and learn how to make this easy, yet fantastic appetizer today.
Your guests will get thirsty in the heat. I love the idea of inventing some clever signature drinks for your party. You don’t need to feel the pressure to create something special, even just a unique twist on a classic drink will make your drink menu memorable. Think about adding fruit to your mixes of alcohol, such as strawberries, limes, or even kiwis.
Margaritas are a classic summer drink. Make them even better by trying your hand at a Strawberry Margarita from Shake Drink Repeat! I love the play of flavors between the strawberries and the sweet and sour mix, it’s amazing and refreshing. Way better than lemonade!
Ginger Cantaloupe Sangria
The Ginger Cantaloupe Sangria from Kitchen Confidante is a white sangria recipe. For the uninitiated, sangria is a mixed alcoholic beverage that usually includes wine (either red or white), fruit, and usually a fruity liquor like Triple Sec. I love the refreshing taste of ginger with the cantaloupe and you can definitely make a full punch bowl or pitcher of this drink for entertaining.
Raspberry Key Lime Italian Soda
I wanted to include one non-alcoholic option on my list, as there are many reasons people may wish not to imbibe on alcohol, ranging from simply not liking alcohol to wanting to be a responsible driver. Plus, this Raspberry Key Lime Italian Soda mix from Will Cook For Smiles will fast become a favorite. You can even keep a bottle of syrup in your fridge for the summer!
Barbecue Party Games
Now that your guests have some food, drink and pleasant ambiance (decor), you may wish to entertain them with some clever yard games. For this, I recommend you check out How to Make Amazing Yard Games This Summer where I outline some of my favorite crafted yard games that are sure to entertain everyone on your guest list.
Summer BBQ parties can be so much fun. With a bit of planning your summer get together can be enjoyable for everyone, including you. No matter if you are planning a small party or a large one, planning everything out well in advance will make your party memorable.
Found this article helpful? Please share it by clicking one of the social media buttons and pin it to Pinterest to refer to later!
Until next time, stay crafty, my friends and happy entertaining!